Friday, February 24, 2012

what to give up for lent

I am Catholic. I forgot about Ash Wednesday until I saw it as Facebook status a day before Ash Wednesday. Hooray for Facebook.

Time flew so quickly like oh my goshness, Ash Wednesday already?!

I haven't gone to the church for a while. When I mean a while, I mean like almost never. Shame on me. Still, I have my beliefs in this religion. The boy said that I didn't have enough faith in myself and Him. It was brought up when I confessed that I am scared about giving birth in the future -_- My classes this semester are mostly on child development so more birthing videos for me. I hope I will be able to gain my faith and confidence for whatever appears in my life.

I kept thinking about what to give up for Lent. I wanted something that will make me a better person. Something positive. College for Lent would be awesome vacation (;  Instead, I settled down for 40 days (or 37 days) of no carbs. I thought about trying low carb diet and I researched a lot on it.

Please don't say, "Kimberly, you look fine! You are skinny!"

I want to try a life with no carbs. I seriously love carbs. I can list them down!

Pasta, rice, cereal, bagels, English muffins, donuts, cakes, baguette, French bread, garlic bread, and lastly cupcakes.

They are what I will give up ): I am in early 20s and it is time for me to eat healthy and exercise often. I don't want to find out at 40 that I have a disease for eating too much bread. I will eat rice because I am Asian! Nah, I will eat healthy version of the carbs such as whole wheat bread and pasta and brown rice. For desserts? Use whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut flour!

I will definitely bake for next month's cupcake, but a cupcake for me? Nope. I will sit and watch people munching on my cupcakes with desperation. Just kidding, I can do it!

My storage will be full of fruits, vegetables, and tofu! Teehee. It will be fun looking up recipes on dishes with tofu (:

1 comment:

jiyoung said...

Haha this will be tough but a great journey for ya :P I'm still thinking what to give up for lent. Mmmmm